Thursday, January 1, 2015

Gone Fishing

The analytics tell the story: even the few die-hard followers of this blog have now given up hope of a resurgence of content. And rightly so, it's been several months since my last post. The once steady stream of content that I've shared since 2009 has slowed to a trickle over the past couple of years.

I've come to a point in life where I've gained a bit of perspective. My priorities have shifted substantially. 2014 was a big year of firsts in my world - I became a husband, a homeowner, and an expecting father.

This will be my last post on 111° West. The blog served its purpose for many years, providing an unbridled outlet for my writing and photography and serving as a portfolio of sorts to showcase my work to editors, potential employers, and etc. The blog made its debut in October of 2009, and over the following six years I managed to crank out 149 posts. At the blog's peak I was consistently sharing content on a bi-weekly basis. While my Mom may have been my most loyal reader, she wasn't the only one - the all-time stats include 95,081 page views and 16,823 visitors.

I enjoyed sharing content freely through this blog, but I will now be focusing my time and effort on more lucrative media outlets. Print is not dead, and you'll find my work in quality publications such as Montana Outdoors, Big Sky Journal, Northwest Fly Fishing, The Drake, and The Flyfish Journal, among others.

You can also find my recent work at: www.willjordanphoto.com, or on my fishing-centric Facebook and Instagram feeds.

All the Best,

Will Jordan




No comments:

Post a Comment