Thursday, August 29, 2013

The View From 111.175° W


There is a small mountain lake outside of Bozeman that was made famous by a famous fishing writer. Anglers who pursue the lake's enormous, but finicky trout tend to take solace in the view, as Gierach did.
  
I've visited the lake on a few occasions, and up until yesterday I had a grand total of one fish to show for my efforts. A friend talked me into giving it another shot last night. With the area rivers flowing low and warm, fishing a high-country lake sounded like a pretty good idea. It was.



The view is always better with a bent rod.




2 comments:

  1. 111 degrees west.... now I get it! I know that lake, used to be better it doesn't have the 10+ pounders of years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it's a thinker. They're still in there.

    ReplyDelete